The Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are going to restart your game due to failing english class

"We are going to restart your game due to inactivity" - MC loses 10 points for grammar

"due to" is an adjectival prepositional phrase. It requires a linking verb to be grammatically correct. So the above phrase that we see every time the game restarts is grammatically incorrect.

it could be revised as follows:
"We are going to restart your game because of inactivity"
  • edited July 2016
    Tbh that's not my problem tho you can talk to MC about that
  • Not sure if it is an error in proper English, but in colloquial English, "due to" is acceptable.
  • I like to use due too because I am due two refunds for the bad english.
  • All Heil Grammar Hitler
  • hey @kemical... we've found a way to gripe about everything else they've done wrong... why not throw bad grammar into the mix also, lol
  • LOL, just joking. But seriously... there's a lot of problems with this game. They have something like 40 Asian warriors and exactly three North American warriors...I mean I get that they want to attract the Asian contingent but come on...there's less than 10 African warriors and 5 of them are from North Africa...Euro-centric much??
  • edited February 1
    No offense..... but I would of wrote "due to." It's just the style of my writing, which probably means I wouldn't make a good English teacher. :D